TAFA: The Textile and Fiber Art List is a membership organization of fiber artists and textile businesses on the web. TAFA showcases member portfolios through its website, provides access to larger markets, offers business resources and fosters community.
These goals are achieved through:
1. The website: Showcasing members through member profiles and illustrated search results. The powerful search engine enables visitors to find member’s own e-commerce, workshops, artwork and social networks.
2. Market Accessibility: Networking with outside marketers and marketplaces, social media platforms and TAFA programs.
3. TAFA programs: Providing social media communities, audio-visual presentations featuring TAFA members, virtual and actual exhibitions, access to resources and opportunities on the web.
4. Technical Assistance: Partnering with tech providers and information available on the website’s blog.
5. Disseminating member information: Synchronizing member blogs and announcements on the site and elsewhere.
The TAFA Brand: Fiber Art, Textiles and Markets
Who we are:
The TAFA List is a business community of entrepreneurs rooted in textile and fiber art products and traditions. A majority of our members have social and environmental agendas at the core of their business. TAFA ‘s members have a shared goal of building their businesses through virtual and actual marketplaces in an increasingly global world. TAFA unites old and new traditions, their historical and modern importance, giving a shared platform to both contemporary and traditional textile techniques from all cultures. TAFA was launched on January 31st, 2010. At its first birthday, TAFA had grown to 229 members, most of whom were working artists. As of January 2012, membership was at 402 members from 35 countries. We continue to grow.
Our members are listed on The List button, just to the left of the search bar. The first two thumbnails take you to their member profile and the other four take you to the product pages of the images represented.