TAFA’s Embroidery Photo Contest – July 2015
This contest is over!
Thanks to all who participated! It was great fun and we hope that you will come back and participate in the next one.
1st Place: Salley Mavor of Wee Folk Studio
Salley is also a TAFA Member. Visit her profile.
2nd Place: Anna Scott Embroidery
Next Photo Contest here on TAFA: August 5, 2015
Anything quilted is allowed. Defined as having a top, batting and back. Vintage, traditional and art quilts, along with garments and accessories that show the quilting technique. Get your photos ready!
Record of the embroidery contest:
Welcome to our July 2015 Photo Competition!
This is our first competition on TAFA and we are planning on making it a monthly event as it is fun and exciting to see how people interpret a theme. We held our first photo contest in June on our sister site, Artizan Made, and it was great fun with a lot of community participation. Our theme was “Made by Hand” and you can see it here to understand how this one will look.
Your photo must feature embroidery in some way. You are allowed to photoshop your image and make it into art. In other words, you can manipulate the photo in any way you want, but the story that is being told is about embroidery. You must own your photo and the work shown. Vintage is allowed. Collages are NOT allowed. (The photo must be one seamless image.) Watermarks are allowed, but cannot be in the center of the image and should be like a signature, not taking over the image.
Please Read the Rules!
- Anyone is welcome to participate. Each participant can submit two photos.
- You must own the copyright to the photos you post.
- We retain the right to delete any photo that is poorly done or inappropriate for a family audience. You will get a notice of deletion and will be able to submit something else.
- After submitting the photo, it will be held for approval and then posted on this page.
- Image size: 1200 pixels square, saved as a jpeg at 72 dpi. Please note: rectangular images are cropped to a square automatically, so you might lose an important part of the photo.
- There is a text field for a short one liner when you submit. You can add more text to the image on Facebook once we post it there.
- Submissions will be added to this album on our Facebook page: TAFAList Submissions will be loaded 3x a day or when there are a bunch to do at once. (Just check the page until you see your images there.)
- Deadline for submissions: July 11th 8PM Central US Time
- Anyone can vote by clicking on the heart on the image on up to ten photos.
- Help your favorites win by sharing their photos with your peeps.
- Deadline for voting: July 12th 10PM Central US Time
- Winners: First and second places
- 1st and 2nd place winners get an ad on our site. 1st place for one year and 2nd place for one month: Classifieds on TAFA Our ads get great visibility and show randomly on our blog page. (Note: Winner does not need to have a business and can use the ad to promote a favorite charity or anything else, upon approval.)
See our other members who have been tagged with embroidery: Click! (Note: their featured image might show something else…)
Check contest id!
Starts August 5th. Theme: Quilts
Quilts are defined here as anything that has a top, batting and back. So, they can be contemporary art quilts, traditional ones, vintage and accessories that use the quilting technique.
Sign up in the footer to get our blog posts by email so that you don’t miss out!
Interested in joining TAFA? Membership info here.
Would you like to sponsor us? Check it out here.
Our sponsors do keep TAFA ticking! We thank them!
About Rachel Biel
We love hearing from our community!