Threads Photo Contest – March 2016
This contest is now over.
Congratulations to the winners!
Note: Vanja’s Design actually won first and second place, but when that happens, we give 2nd place to the next in line.
Welcome to our Threads Photo Contest!
All are welcome to participate. You can submit two images and vote on ten.
“The Threads that Bind Us Together.”
This month we are celebrating our textile traditions by focusing on threads, stitching, yarn… the basic element that creates cloth or structure. We want to see close-ups of stitching, looms, fibers…
You are allowed to photoshop your image and make it into art. In other words, you can manipulate the photo in any way you want, but the story that is being told is about threads. You must own your photo and the work shown. Vintage is allowed. Collages are NOT allowed. (The photo must be one seamless image.) Watermarks are allowed on the photo, but cannot be in the center of the image and should be like a signature, not taking over the image.
Please Read the Rules!
Photos that do not follow them will be deleted!
1200 pixels square, saved as a jpeg at 72 dpi.
- Anyone is welcome to participate. Each participant can submit two photos.
- You must own the copyright to the photos you post.
- We retain the right to delete any photo that is poorly done or inappropriate for a family audience. You will get a notice of deletion and will be able to submit something else.
- After submitting the photo, it will be held for approval and then posted on this page.
- Image size: 1200 pixels square, saved as a jpeg at 72 dpi. Please note: rectangular images are cropped to a square automatically, so you might lose an important part of the photo if it is accepted.
- There is a text field for a short one liner when you submit. That will be posted to our Facebook page. You can add more text to the image once we post it there.
- Submissions will be added to this album on our Facebook page: TAFAList Submissions will be loaded 3x a day or when there are a bunch to do at once. (Just check the page until you see your images there.)
- Deadline for submissions: March 11th 10 PM Central US Time
- Anyone can vote! Hover over the image and click on the heart. You can vote on ten different photos.
- Help your favorites win by sharing their photos with your peeps.
- Deadline for voting: March 12th 10PM Central US Time
- Winners: First and Second places
- 1st and 2nd place winners get an ad on our site. 1st place for one year and 2nd place for one month: Classifieds on TAFA Our ads get great visibility and show randomly on our blog page. (Note: Winner does not need to have a business and can use the ad to promote a favorite charity or anything else, upon approval.)
Upload link will show up when contest is live and then disappear when it is over.
To vote, hover over image and click on heart.
Problems? Contact rayela @ comcast.net. (remove spaces)
Starts May 5th, 2016. (We are skipping April.)
Sign up in the footer to get our blog posts by email so that you don’t miss out! See our past photo competitions here.
We also have a monthly photo contest on our sister site, Artizan Made, starting on the 15th of each month. See the info here. Our focus there is on handmade eco-fashion and home decor and all are welcome to participate in the photo contests there as well.
Interested in joining TAFA? Membership info here.
Would you like to sponsor us? Check it out here.
Our sponsors do keep TAFA ticking! We thank them!
- Web Shop, Designer, Importer
Textiil sells artisanal fabrics, and creates modern global home decor and accessories from batik, ikat and songket sourced in Indonesia and Malaysia. They have a growing stock of sustainably made plant based dye batiks and natural dye silks.View Profile
- School, Workshops
The Pacific Northwest Art School offers workshops and classes in Fiber Arts, Mixed Media, Painting, and Photography. We are located on Whidbey Island, Washington, USA.View Profile
- Retail Gallery, Etsy Shop
CulturalPatina Gallery sells tribal art from around the world, with a special focus on SouthWestern Navajo rugs and Native American pottery. Holiday sale through December 22, 2015!View Profile
- Fair Trade, Online Sales, Product Development
Threads of Peru is a not-for-profit social enterprise that connects the world to handmade treasures of the Andes, helping to strengthen ancient craft techniques and empower artisans. Visit our online shop for garments, accessories and home textiles!View Profile
- Textile Artist, Workshops
Transformative textile art, Threads of Awakening, based in Buddhist tradition. Online apprenticeships and commissions. Prints. Training. Your spiritual path. Your creative practice. Connected. Leslie's monthly newsletter.View Profile
- Weaver, Mixed Media Artist, Marketer
Bonnie Clark of Dakini Dreams primarily works in fibers and textiles, along with mask making, printmaking, collage, assemblage, ceramics, and polymer clay. Through her practice she expands on age-old cultural themes relating to personal growth, empowerment, and transformation.View Profile
- Artist, Teacher
Learn how to fast piece applique with Rose Hughes through her books or the Online Quilting Academy!View Profile
Ann Robinson Textiles weaves beautiful handwoven accessories and dyes the fibers she uses to create fabrics. Her woven art complements classic wardrobes as well as contemporary home and office settings.View Profile
- Artist, Organization
Silvia Piza-Tandlich of Galeria Octagono exhibiting in Poland at the 8th International Artistic Linen Cloth Biennial, Krosno 2014. The exhibit goes through 2015.View Profile
- Gallery, Wholesaler
Afghan Tribal Arts Beads and Textiles, natural gemstones from Afghanistan and vintage textiles, following a regular show route in Southeastern USA.View Profile
Folt Bolt is Kriszta Kemény’s exceptional effort at promoting artists and the handmade community. She runs curated collections on her website and has developed an active and successful community through her Facebook page.View Profile
About Rachel Biel
We love hearing from our community!