We are committed to creating extraordinary learning adventures for inquisitive people who want to explore the environment and what they are personally capable of creating. We develop programs that are stimulating, fun, educational, and leave a small footprint. We have offered educational programs in Oaxaca, Mexico, since 2006.
We believe by connecting you with Mexico through the arts, you will have a greater appreciation for her people and the culture. Our goal is to give you a memorable, satisfying and authentic experience.
We specialize in textiles, fiber arts, weaving and natural dyeing techniques using organic plant materials.
What we stand for:
- Understanding and respecting indigenous culture + traditions Supporting craftsmanship, folk and fine art
- Nurturing local women and youth by awarding workshop scholarships
- Creating cross-cultural understanding
- Delivering responsible, culturally sensitive educational programs
- Practicing socially committed and culturally competent tourism
What we offer:
- Immersion experiences to connect with local individuals and families
- Small groups of no more than 10 participants
- Hands-on learning for creative development
- Expert instructors with teaching and technical acumen
- Strong infrastructure with on-site management
- Detailed pre-workshop information
- Attentive service to advise you on travel arrangements and answer your questions
For people who want to:
- Experience another culture and broaden their horizons
- Enjoy a rich, diverse travel adventure Discover new approaches to creative expression
- Learn new skills or build upon existing skills
- Take a step off-the-beaten path Meet local artists and artisans
- Reinvigorate or jump-start the creative life
- Imagine, stretch, explore, do
- Travel with like-minded people
Norma Hawthorne of Oaxaca Cultural Navigator divides her time between Pittsboro, North Carolina and Oaxaca, Mexico.