TAFA’s Quilted Photo Contest – August 2015
Welcome to our August 2015 Photo Competition!
This contest is over.
This was our second photo contest on TAFA and we are making it a monthly event as it is fun and exciting to see how people interpret a theme. We held our first photo contest in July and it was great fun with a lot of community participation. Our theme was “Embroidery” and you can see it here.
Anything quilted was allowed, both by hand or machine. The quilt process is defined here as having a top, batting and back. Vintage, traditional and art quilts, along with garments and accessories that show the quilting technique are all welcomed.
Your photo must feature the quilting technique in some way. You are allowed to photoshop your image and make it into art. In other words, you can manipulate the photo in any way you want, but the story that is being told is about a quilted product. You must own your photo and the work shown. Vintage is allowed. Collages are NOT allowed. (The photo must be one seamless image.) Watermarks are allowed on the photo, but cannot be in the center of the image and should be like a signature, not taking over the image.
Please Read the Rules!
Photos that do not follow them will be deleted!
- Anyone is welcome to participate. Each participant can submit two photos.
- You must own the copyright to the photos you post.
- We retain the right to delete any photo that is poorly done or inappropriate for a family audience. You will get a notice of deletion and will be able to submit something else.
- After submitting the photo, it will be held for approval and then posted on this page.
- Image size: 1200 pixels square, saved as a jpeg at 72 dpi. Please note: rectangular images are cropped to a square automatically, so you might lose an important part of the photo.
- There is a text field for a short one liner when you submit. You can add more text to the image on Facebook once we post it there.
- Submissions will be added to this album on our Facebook page: TAFAList Submissions will be loaded 3x a day or when there are a bunch to do at once. (Just check the page until you see your images there.)
- Deadline for submissions: August 11th 8PM Central US Time
- Anyone can vote! Hover over the image and click on the heart. You can vote on ten different photos.
- Help your favorites win by sharing their photos with your peeps.
- Deadline for voting: August 12th 10PM Central US Time
- Winners: First and Second places
- 1st and 2nd place winners get an ad on our site. 1st place for one year and 2nd place for one month: Classifieds on TAFA Our ads get great visibility and show randomly on our blog page. (Note: Winner does not need to have a business and can use the ad to promote a favorite charity or anything else, upon approval.)
Art quilters were the first group to actively support TAFA when we launched in 2010. We have an amazing representation of techniques and styles! See our other members who have been tagged with quilted: Click! (Note: their featured image might show something else…)
Starts September 5th. Theme: Woven
Anything woven will be welcomed using traditional or contemporary techniques and materials. Vintage allowed.
Sign up in the footer to get our blog posts by email so that you don’t miss out!
We also have a monthly photo contest on our sister site, Artizan Made, starting on the 15th of each month. See the info here. Our focus there is on handmade eco-fashion and home decor and all are welcome to participate in the photo contests there as well.
Interested in joining TAFA? Membership info here.
Would you like to sponsor us? Check it out here.
Our sponsors do keep TAFA ticking! We thank them!
About Rachel Biel
We love hearing from our community!